Friday, May 30, 2014

Playing with orphan blocks...

 and trying to achieve a modern look.
 I have quite a number of other random blocks, I don't know how to lay them out, though.  Negative space, sashing, solids?
Here's a pile of other choices.  Also, my right hand, which is in a brace from carpal tunnel surgery I had this past Tuesday.  In two weeks, the left side gets the same treatment.  Not a lot of sewing going on, unfortunately, thus the playing with already-pieced miscellaneous blocks.

How are you all?  I would love to hear what you've been up to!
~ Jodi ~

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of stitched in color's recent do good stitches quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are good as new soon. I posted a pic of my design wall on Instagram a while ago. It's fun playing around : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your recovery makes sewing off-limits, but playing with blocks can be pretty fun. I think the blocks at the center of the first photo might want a black, white and red border. You've got some nice scrappy blocks to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about you needing surgery! I've known of numerous people who've had this, and the result is usually very good. I hope you're back to 100 percent after the second surgery! Your blocks look fun to play with. I hope you're finding the modern combo you want. It can be difficult to decide!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!