Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hand-decorated coasters


 We went to a New Year's Day party at a friend's house.  What do you give to people who either have everything or can buy anything and everything?  They sent us a nice Christmas card with lots of pics of their family so I cut it up and glued it onto these ceramic tiles, and then my daughter uploaded these pretty Cs for me, (their last name initial) and I glued them on, too.  I also put little round kitchen cabinet door stoppers on each  bottom corner so they won't scratch their furniture.  I'm pretty pleased with the outcome.  I hope they like them, too.  I'm going to keep these in mind for future gifts.  The ceramic tiles were only about .39 a piece at Home Depot.
~ Jodi ~


3 comments:

  1. I love how you personalized these for a special gift! We received some of these one year with a cute Christmas calico tissue paper decoupaged on them. How thoughtful of you ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea! Did you coat the pictures/letters with something so they're water-resistant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!