Thursday, September 20, 2012

Beginner's Quilt-Along

win!  Yes, I won again, this time from Pat Sloan of Quilting Gallery (button on right sidebar).  Lots of great batiks, and miscellaneous that I don't recognize.  Perhaps you've seen the pictures I've posted of my sampler blocks from the Beginner's Quilt-along that I'm doing?  Well, this pic above is of long strips, lots of them, that I won just from making the blocks and posting them on Flickr.  And I didn't even post ALL the blocks because I kept forgetting or I didn't have time.   Here thet are:  (lighting was poor in my sewing room at 5:30 a.m.)
I don't believe there's nothing suitable in my stash for sashing.  I'm going to put cornerstones in, also.  Maybe I should check my solids bin, there might be something in there.  And I just might audition some fabrics to get some opinions.  I like SOME of these blocks individually, but certainly not all together - ick.  Maybe I can find someone who does. 
~ Jodi ~

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to you on your win!!! White sashing with cornerstones would be my vote for your sampler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use white for sashing! It works with everything. I'm going to Joann's with my coupons to get a whole bolt of white Kona solid. It often comes in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sashing can really help pull it all together. I was that way on one of my tops until I played with some sashing options. Then I loved them all together.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!