Monday, September 10, 2012

An upholsterer I am not...

I mistakenly deleted the "before" photos I had - ooops.  
So here's the after photos anyway.  
I found this chair at Artee Fabrics in Pawtucket.  She has mostly home dec fabrics, but the selection is varied and beautiful!  The fabric that I used here was very generously given to me by my darling niece.  The colors look kind of blah in these pics but they're really very vibrant.   Do you see how the seat sits down into the wood?  (I don't know how to describe it).  But I had to try and get the fabric to fit smoothly at those odd angles.  It's a little bunched up but it works.
(These flowers are so pretty).  So now I have a nice comfortable chair to sit on while at my sewing machine.
~ Jodi ~

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful print, Jodi! It was probably those little cut out corners around the front legs that were the biggest challenge. It looks very well done ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job. It's nice to fix things for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!