Friday, June 17, 2011

The Farmer's Wife Sampler

quilt along. I couldn't find this book:
at Joann Fabrics (50% off coupon), but I DID find it at Barnes and Noble. So I made up my first block last night - disastrous! I am right back to struggling with fabric choices, AND I goofed cutting out one of the templates - did it backwards, apparently. Here's the block pattern,
and here's my fabric selections and goof - yicky.
Here's the next block:
And my selection of fabrics for that one:
Any suggestions on these or the previous ones on how to make it more appealing???

And I have sent out everyone's giveaway winnings (except for Frauke - today is the day, though, Frauke!) I hope they are arriving at your doorsteps/mailboxes.
Thanks for all your comments on my previous post about the potting bench - great suggestion, Pip, about the cream underneath and a blue on top. I'm going to buy the paint this weekend, I hope. And, Pokey, I have seen the bowls made into pin cushions! Darling idea! Thanks for the reminder!
Okay, now I'm running late and there's probably loads of typos in this post, but alas, gotta get to work!!
Take care everyone! Go and bless and be blessed!
~ Jodi ~

3 comments:

  1. I like your fabric selections for the next block, especially the scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fabric choices on the next block too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to seeing your blocks. Why don't you just leave the first block as is and wait and see how it fits in with the rest of your blocks at the end.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!