Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

It wouldn't be St. Patrick's Day if I didn't make Irish Bread.  And it must be made in a cast iron pan, too, according to my mom.  St. Patrick's Day was probably her favorite holiday, Danny Boy probably her favorite Irish song, which I still can't listen to today without tearing up.  Hard to believe she's been gone over a year now!  Anyway, we will be having corned beef and cabbage tomorrow which is when my daughter, son-in-law , and grandson can come over to eat with us.  We will only be truly celebrating if Kim's family is found by then!  Thank you to all of you who are praying for her! 

2 comments:

  1. The Irish Bread looks delicious. I feel very lucky not to be making corned beef and cabbage this year - lol. Still sending up prayers for Kim and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely memories of your mom :-) Hope you had a good St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!