Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pin basting - ouch, ouch, ouch!

Thank God for the beautiful, warm sunshine today!  We're at 25 degrees now at 11:35 a.m. 
 I love how the sun is streaming in the front windows onto the quilt. 

I'm so glad to be home and able to sew .  I feel badly for those of you who have to work.  My hip surgery was October 18, a little over seven weeks ago, and I was able to get down on the floor and pin baste my Fat Quarterly quilt-a-long quilt.  (Can't say where it's going yet - I don't even know!)  I'm scheduled to go back to work January 3 :-(  but I'm thankful I have a job so I can't complain.  Now off to take the dog for a walk, something else I haven't been able to do in weeks, and then peeling the quilt off the floor and to the sewing machine to quilt, quilt, quilt!  Wish me luck!  I've only done maybe two other quilts, a doll quilt, and a couple of minis.  My fingers are sore from all the pins I used.
Till you come tarry with me again, blessings to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Well, your pinning is looking good despite the ow-ows of he pinning, and crawling around after surgery! I hope you have great success bringing your largest quilt to finish! Thank you, Jodi for your prayers on our behalf.
    Blessings, Pokey

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!