Saturday, September 4, 2010

At Last! A long-awaited project begun.


Vintage pillowcase/sheet quilt for my husband's 91-yr-old aunt!  I've been collecting some vintage items for a while and finally got enough - even won some from Anne at Green Stitch.  Check out her blog:
http://greenstitchblog.blogspot.com/, it's great! 
Can you read who the pattern is from?  It's Elizabeth Hartman of Oh Fransson who so very graciously supplied this wonderful, easy-to-follow pattern with quilt cards.  The quilt is called "Clothesline Quilt."  I hope to get a lot done on it today - at this time in my life I wish my husband was a football fan.  All these years I've been thankful I haven't been married to one of those fanatics, now it might not be so bad!  Ha!
Anyway, have a wonderful long weekend, my lovelies!  (It's Labor Day weekend here in the US, in case my friends from Cyprus, the UK, and the down under aren't aware - I imagine you guys have long weekends of your own from time to time?) 
Oh, and pay close attention over the next few days - I'm planning a giveaway to celebrate the coming of autumn which will herald my first grandbaby's entrance into the world!  So stay posted...

3 comments:

  1. Looking food, can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, those vintage sheets look wonderful! They make quilts so soft. I can't wait to see your finished quilt!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!