Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back from FL trip - ahhhhh...

Hi there! We made it back from visiting Dad, (along with other ventures which I'll tell you about in a future post) in FL late last night - (didn't even tell you we'd be away) but I wanted to share these pics with you.  As I think I told you previously, my mom said I could have one of her sewing machines so I brought her Tailor Professional (never heard of it before) home with me, and all of her thread cache except for some Dad kept in case he needs to mend something or sew a button on.  Check it out:

Mostly Gutermann and Mettler.  I guess those were her favorites.
Then there is this cute heart-shaped plastic case with silk thread, black and red.  I wonder what she made with those.
And check out the price of the Gutermann:  $1.20!
So maybe I won't have to buy thread for a while.  But I WILL have to fill up these holders, don't you think?  There's about 12 empty spool holders that need something to do!
Check back and I'll have some pics of our trip and a purchase from the Charleston, South Carolina market.
Till then, take care and God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Jodi, How special. This is a really wonderful heirloom. I have some of my grandmother's threads and I feel so close to her when I use them. I would love to see a picture of your new machine! :)
    And keep enjoying your vacation, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!