Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pay it Forward


"Pay it forward" is the idea that random acts of kindness are given without expecting anything in return. It's passing on a kindness hoping that your recipients will do the same, and forming a never-ending chain of goodwill , that's what this is about. But it isn't only kindness, it is also a means to connect with our fellow crafters, to network, if you will, and to share our enjoyment of crafting/sewing instead of just keeping it to ourselves or where only friends and family get to see it. Nadine from quiltedbliss.blogspot.com/
has posted this on her blog and I think it is a great idea. 
As the first commenter on her blog post I will receive one of her gifts, yippee! This is how it works: You'll have to comment on this post and the first three people who comment will receive a handmade gift from me within the next few months. But those three commentors will also have to post the idea on their blog and commit to making a gift for the first three people who comment on their blog and so on and so forth. Not sure what I'll make yet, but when I will do my best to please whoever the commenters are. So please pass on the word and spread some kindness!

2 comments:

  1. Jodi,
    hey there, so what is it you want me to do exactly?? post on my blog about giving or paying forward?? can I use your words????
    Miss you in Sunday School now but hope you will come to the fellowship next month. Let me know if you are coming, OK??!!
    Love Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a neat idea! I won't be able to post this on my blog right away, but I will next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!